1. World Music Series, 1st Division Marine Band: Forty-five piece Marine Band from Pendleton, Calif., will perform patriotic American music. July 4, 7:30-9 p.m. Free. Wingfield Park. 322-1538.
2. Americana Music Festival in Historic Virginia City: The fifth annual American Music Festival features roots music and dance. July 13, 7-10 p.m.; July 14, noon-10 p.m.; July 15, noon-7 p.m. $20 per venue. Virginia City. www.americanafest.org.
3. Zumba by Z Body Fitness: Z Body Fitness will host a dance and fitness expo including a two-hour, non-stop Zumba dance class with international music, costumes, giveaways and more. July 14, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. $20. Reno Ballroom. 657-9263, www.zbodyfitness.com.
4.World Music Series, Ana Tijoux: Chilean artist Ana Tijoux has received top honors in the music world, including a Grammy nomination, and will perform her jazzy, laid-back tunes. July 25, 7:30-9 p.m. Free. Wingfield Park. 322-1538.
5. Celso Machado: Guitarist and composer Celso Machado will perform traditional Brazilian music with a twist. July 10, 7-8:30 p.m. Suggested donation $10-$20. Trinity Episcopal Church. 298-1686, www.sierraguitar.org.
6. Reggae/Calypso Music Night: Calypso and reggae music will be performed by a group of musicians and students of Carpenter’s Music World. July 12, 6-8 p.m. Free. Carpenter’s Music World, 2700 S. Virginia St. 852-7618, www.carpentersmusic.com.
7. World Music Series, Delhi 2 Dublin: Vancouver-based band Delhi 2 Dublin will play a mix of Bhangra, Celtic, reggae, dub and electronica. July 11, 7:30 p.m. Free. Wingfield Park. 322-1538.
8. Basque Festival: The festival will celebrate Nevada’s ties to Basque culture and will feature music, competitions, poetry, food and more. July 21, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. Wingfield Park. 722-4464.
9. A Celtic Summer’s Eve: The Reno Irish Dance Company will perform traditional Irish music. July 7, 7:30-9:30 p.m. $10 suggested donation. Wingfield Park. 829-7878.
10. A Trip through Europe via Piano: Concert pianist Dr. Ron Williams will take listeners on a musical journey to Austria and Spain. July 7, 7-9 p.m. Free. Steinway Piano Gallery, 500 E. Moana Lane. 829-0600.
11. A Night of Egyptian Bellydancing Under the Stars: Troupe Jasmine will perform Middle Eastern bellydancing. July 27, 7-9 p.m. $5. River School Farm. 747-2222.
12. An Evening of Chanting from Buddhist Traditions: Listen to chanters perform chants from different Buddhist traditions, including Japan, China, Tibet and India. July 13, 6-7 p.m. Free. Reno Buddhist Center. 348-6603.
13. Thakur Chakrapani Singh: Sierra Nevada Guitar Society presents Kachhapi Veena player and classical guitarist Thakur Chakrapani Singh. July 16, 7-8:30 p.m. Suggested donation $10-$20. First United Methodist Church. 298-1686.
14. Origami at the Back Pond: Barbara Eisenhour will lead a class on how to fold paper cranes and other shapes. July 21, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. $15. Sierra Water Gardens. 622-4090.
15. African drumming and dance: Mailly Tagba will teach African drumming and dance from the Ivory Coast. July 11, 6:30-8:30 p.m. $20. River School Farm. 747-2222.
16. World Music Series: Oliver Mtukudzi & the Black Spirits: This band hails from Zimbabwe and is known for being a musically political force in South Africa. July 18, 7:30-9 p.m. Free. Wingfield Park. 322-1538.
17. Youth African Drumming Class: Kids ages 7-12 will learn how to drum using African Djembe drums, taught by drummer Dominique of Anouaze Beat. July 6, 13, 20, and 27, 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. $25 for four sessions or $8 for drop in. River School Farm. 747-2222.